From XMS Wiki - http://wikis.aquaveo.com/xms/
A rich set of step-by-step tutorials has been developed to aid in learning how to use SMS.
There are two options for installing tutorials. You can download the tutorials and files individually by subject matter in the SMS learning center or you can download an install that includes all of the core tutorials and files. Some of the additional tutorials (TUFLOW, PTM, CGWAVE) still need to be downloaded separately. Since most users only need a subset of the tutorials, the recommended approach is to download and install them as needed from the SMS learning center.
Accessing Tutorials Through the SMS Learning Center
The SMS Learning Center is the portal to all of the training you will need to learn how to use SMS. It is there that you can gain access to all of the SMS tutorial documents and files via download. To access the SMS Learning Center and tutorials click here, or follow these steps:
- Go to www.aquaveo.com
- Click on the SMS logo found on the right side of the screen. This will take you to the SMS homepage.
- Once at the SMS homepage, click on the SMS Learning Center Icon.
- In the SMS Learning Center page, scroll down to the tutorials. There, the tutorials are divided into two groups: general SMS tutorials, and tutorials for specific models found within SMS. All are available for download.
Opening and Downloading Tutorials
Each tutorial consists of a PDF document, and its associated tutorial files.
- Open the PDF document by right-clicking on it, then selecting Open link in new tab.
- Then, click on the files icon and choose the Save as... option.
- You can choose the directory in which you would like to run and save your tutorial files.
- Once the files have finished downloading, select the Open option.
- When the data files come up, you must extract the files by clicking on the Extract all files option.
- Once the files are extracted, you are ready to begin with the tutorial.
Tutorials are available through the SMS Learning Center. Below is a list of tutorials available at the SMS Learning Center.
|Data Visualization||Feature Stamping||GIS|
|Google Earth||Import From Web||Mesh Editing|
|SMS Model Tutorials|
|ADCIRC||ADCIRC LTEA Meshing||BOUSS2D|
|CGWAVE||Additional CGWAVE||CMS Flow|
|CMS Wave||FESWMS||FESWMS Steering|
|FESWMS Weirs||Generic Mesh Model||PTM|
|STWAVE||TUFLOW 1D||TUFLOW 2D|
|TUFLOW AD||Additional TUFLOW|
°Note: Do not save the tutorial documents and files to the Program Files directory.
example of pdf link: ADCIRC
SMS – Surface-water Modeling System
|Modules:||1D Grid · 1D River · Cartesian Grid · Curvilinear Grid · GIS · Map · Mesh · Particle · Raster · Scatter|
|General Models:||FVCOM · Generic Mesh · PTM · TUFLOW-FV|
|Coastal Models:||ADCIRC · BOUSS-2D · CGWAVE · CMS-Flow · CMS-Wave · CSHORE · CSTORM-MS · GenCade · STWAVE · WAM|
|Riverine/Estuarine Models:||ADH · FESWMS · HYDRO AS-2D · RIVERFLO-2D · RMA2 · RMA4 · SRH-2D · Steering · TUFLOW|