HY8:Contra Costa Basin
From XMS Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Contra Costa Basin
The input variables required for this calculation is the following:
- Baffle Block Height Ratio — The ratio of the baffle block height to baffle block distance from the culvert.
- End Sill Height to Maximum Depth Ratio — ratio to determine the end sill height from the maximum depth.
- Basin Width — The channel width is recommended for the basin width.
The following figures show the design of a Contra Costa basin.
Variables from the figure
- D — Diameter of culvert
- y0 — Outlet depth
- y2 — Approximate maximum water surface depth
- y3 — Basin exit velocity
- V0 — Outlet velocity
- V2 — Exit velocity
- h1 — Height of small baffle
- h2 — Height of large baffle
- h3 — Height of end sill
- L2 — Length from culvert exit to large baffle
- L3 — Length from large baffle to end sill
- LB — Basin length