|Model type||2D current, pollutant, and sediment transport simulation.|
|Developer||Hydrotec, Dr.- Ing. Marinko Nujic|
|Web site||HYDRO AS-2D web site|
HYDRO AS-2D performs 2D modeling of bodies of water. The procedure integrated in HYDRO AS-2D is based on the numerical solution of the 2D current equations with finite-volume-discretization. In addition to 2D current simulation, HYDRO AS-2D can also simulate pollutant and sediment transport.
SMS supports HYDRO_AS-2D through the Generic Model interface offering a simple way to set model parameters, run the model, and visualize the results.
The HYDRO AS-2D model can be added to a paid edition of SMS.
HYDRO AS-2D is characterized by:
- Solves hundreds of thousands of elements very quickly
- Calculation accuracy guaranteed by extensive lab tests and real-world applications
- High stability, robustness and exactness for a wide spectrum of hydrodynamic conditions
- Volumetric accuracy of the tidal wave propagation on complicated topography
- Solutions showing flow speed, direction, and flood depth
- The bed changes as a result of sediment erosion and sediment deposition are modeled
- Fully coupled transport and hydrodynamic solver ensures current changes due to sediment scour/deposition are accurately simulated
- Simulate transport of up to five grain dimensions at the same time
- Short calculating time for millions of elements
- River flooding analysis
- Sediment erosion/depositions studies in river channels and floodplains
- Tidal wave propagation
- Pollutant dispersion in a waterway
HYDRO AS-2D is highly user-optimized and offers the following extensions:
- LASER_AS-2D: Net-generator based on laser-scan-data (intelligent thinning out and deriving Break lines) and Stream Network Generator
- JabPlot: Creating professional profile and longitudinal plots
- CHECK2DM: Testing the net based on geometrical and numerical aspects
- JabMap: Pre- and postprocessor /interface to GIS
Using the Model / Practical Notes
It is recommended that HYDRO AS-2D is used with an adequate graphics and co-processor. A list of graphics and co-processors can be found on Hydrotec's website.
HYDRO AS-2D uses the Generic Model Graphical Interface.
- Hydrotec HYDRO AS-2D website (in German)
- Hydrotec HYDRO AS-2D software website (in German)
- HYDRO AS-2D model developer website (in German)
SMS – Surface-water Modeling System
|Modules:||1D Grid • Cartesian Grid • Curvilinear Grid • GIS • Map • Mesh • Particle • Quadtree • Raster • Scatter|
|General Models:||FVCOM • Generic • PTM • TUFLOW FV|
|Coastal Models:||ADCIRC • BOUSS-2D • CGWAVE • CMS-Flow • CMS-Wave • GenCade • STWAVE • WAM|
|Riverine/Estuarine Models:||ADH • FESWMS • HEC-RAS • HYDRO AS-2D • RMA2 • RMA4 • SRH-2D • Steering • TUFLOW|
|Aquaveo • SMS Tutorials • SMS Workflows|