SMS:TUFLOW Irregular Culverts
From XMS WikiJump to navigationJump to search
SMS supports irregular culverts for TUFLOW.
Creating the Irregular Culverts
- In the network coverage, change the type of an arc to "Irregular Culvert" in the Channel Attributes dialog.
- By clicking on Attributes at the bottom of the Channel Attributes dialog, specify what shape the culvert is.
- The drop-down specifies what polygon will be used for this arc.
- New polygons can be created and named.
- The table specifies the points of the polygon in clock-wise order.
- Please note that negative values cannot be entered for y-values.
- The number of barrels, contraction coefficients, and losses can be entered in this dialog, similar to other culverts.
- The perimeter length of the polygon, and its area, are given for convenience.
When the TUFLOW simulation is exported, an HW table will be generated for each unique irregular culvert shape in use.
Irregular Culvert Attributes Dialog
The Irregular Culvert Attributes dialog has the following options:
- Culvert list – This drop-down menu will show a list of all irregular culverts that have been created in the project.
- New – Allows creating a new irregular culvert. The name of the culvert must be entered in the field above the button.
- Copy to New – Copies the culvert attributes to the clipboard so they can be added to a new culvert.
- Rename – Allows renaming the culvert.
- Delete – Removes the selected culvert.
- Number of Barrels
- Contraction Coefficient
- Perimeter Length
- Cross Section Area
- Delete Rows
SMS – Surface-water Modeling System
|Modules:||1D Grid • Cartesian Grid • Curvilinear Grid • GIS • Map • Mesh • Particle • Quadtree • Raster • Scatter|
|General Models:||FVCOM • Generic • PTM • TUFLOW FV|
|Coastal Models:||ADCIRC • BOUSS-2D • CGWAVE • CMS-Flow • CMS-Wave • GenCade • STWAVE • WAM|
|Riverine/Estuarine Models:||ADH • FESWMS • HEC-RAS • HYDRO AS-2D • RMA2 • RMA4 • SRH-2D • Steering • TUFLOW|
|Aquaveo • SMS Tutorials • SMS Workflows|