GMS:Feature Object Commands
From XMS Wiki
The Feature Objects menu becomes available when the conceptual model, or Map model, is active. The menu has the following commands:
- Build Polygons
- Creates polygons out of closed arcs.
- Switches selected vertices to nodes and vise verse.
- Vertices → Node
- Switches selected vertices to nodes.
- Nodes → Vertices
- Switches selected nodes to vertices.
- Redistribute Vertices...
- Redistributes the amount of vertices on a selected arc using an input value for spacing.
- Create Arc Group
- Creates the select multiple arcs as one. All arcs are still separate arcs, but one group.
- Reverse Arc Direction
- Arcs have a direction that follows the path that they were made. Direction is important with some parameters and need to be consistent throughout the model.
- Selecting this command brings up the Clean dialog. See Clean Command for more information.
- Find Feature Object...
- Select a feature object using the object ID.
- New Grid Frame
- Creates a new grid frame object in the project explorer.
- Activate Cells in Coverage(s)
- After creating a coverage that defines the model boundary and creating a grid, just the cells that are in the active coverage will remain active.
- Arc(s) → Cross Section
- Opens the Arcs → Cross Sections dialog. See Arc → Cross Sections for more information.
- Map → TIN
- This command creates a TIN using each polygon in the coverage.
- Map → 2D Mesh
- This command creates a 2D Mesh on the interior of all of the polygons in the current coverage. See Map to 2D Mesh for more information.
- Map → 2D Grid
- Opens the Create Grid dialog. See Map to 2D Grid for more information.
- Map → 3D Grid
- Opens the Create Grid dialog. See Map to 3D Grid for more information.
- Map → UGrid
- Opens the Map→UGrid dialog. See Map → UGrid for more information.
- Map → 2D Scatter Points
- Creates a scatter point set from the points and nodes and vertices of the current coverage. See Map to 2D Scatter Points for more information.
- Map → 3D Scatter Points
- Creates a scatter point set from the points and nodes and vertices of the current coverage. See Map to 3D Scatter Points for more information.
- Map → MODFLOW
- Opens the Map → MODFLOW Options dialog. See Map to MODFLOW for more information.
- Map → SEAM3D
- Map → FEMWATER
- This command assigns the wells, boundary conditions, and recharge zones assigned to the points, arcs, and polygons. See Map to FEMWATER for more information.
- Map → SEEP2D
- Converts a conceptual model to a SEEP2D numerical model.
- Map → WASH123D
- Map → ADH
- Copy to Coverage...
- Opens a dialog allowing for selection of one or more coverages which selected feature objects will be copied to. This may result in overlapping and/or intersecting objects.
- Zoom To Extents
- Frames the Graphics Window around the selected objects.
- Set Arc Directions From Stream Data
- Uses the stream top elevations defined at the nodes to make the arcs point downhill. Only works for the STR package (not SFR2).
- Set Arc Directions From Node Elevations
- Uses the Z value at the nodes to make the arcs point downhill.
GMS – Groundwater Modeling System
|Modules:||2D Grid • 2D Mesh • 2D Scatter Point • 3D Grid • 3D Mesh • 3D Scatter Point • Boreholes • GIS • Map • Solid • TINs • UGrids|
|Models:||FEFLOW • FEMWATER • MODAEM • MODFLOW • MODPATH • mod-PATH3DU • MT3DMS • MT3D-USGS • PEST • PHT3D • RT3D • SEAM3D • SEAWAT • SEEP2D • T-PROGS • ZONEBUDGET|