From XMS WikiJump to navigationJump to search
When the TIN module is active, the following commands can be found in the TIN menu:
- New TIN...
- Creates a new TIN and opens the TIN Properties dialog.
- Lock All Vertices
- Since it is possible to accidentally drag points, vertices can be "locked" to prevent them from being dragged or edited by toggling on this command.
- TIN Settings...
- Opens the Preferences dialog to the settings affecting TINs.
- Creates triangles from existing vertices on the active TIN using the Delauney criteria. If triangles already exist, they will be deleted.
- Subdivide TIN...
- Opens the Subdivision Factor dialog that allows entering a factor by which existing triangles will be split into smaller triangles.
- TIN → 2D Scatter Points
- Creates a new 2D Scatter Point set from the vertices of the active TIN. The scatter points could then be used for interpolation.
- TIN → 2D Mesh
- Creates a new 2D mesh from the active TIN, preserving the triangles.
- Fill Between TINs → 3D Mesh
- Creates a 3D mesh, or adds onto an existing 3D mesh, by filling in the space between two TINs. A 2D mesh must exist and is used as a projection mesh for the 3D elements. Two TINs must be selected.
- Horizons → Solids...
- Opens the Horizons to Solids wizard which can be used to create solids from a combination of boreholes, TINs, and conceptual models.
- Horizons → 3D Mesh...
- Opens the Horizons to Mesh wizard which can be used to create a 3D mesh from a combination of boreholes, TINs, and conceptual models.
- Horizons → UGrid...
- Opens the Horizons to UGrid wizard which can be used to create a UGrid from a combination of boreholes, TINs, and conceptual models.
- TIN Boundary → Polygons
- Creates a new coverage containing a polygon derived from the outer boundary of the TIN.
- TIN Thiessen → Polygons
- Creates a new coverage containing polygons derived from the thiessen polygons of the TIN.
- TIN Contours → Arcs
- Creates a new coverage containing feature arcs derived from the linear contours displayed on the TIN.
- Vertex Strings → Arcs
- Creates a new coverage containing a feature arc derived from the vertex string on the TIN (if one exists).
- TIN → Extruded Solid
- Fill Between TINs → Solid
- Creates a solid by extruding one or more TINs to a base elevation and then performing a set operation to remove the solid portions outside the TINs.
- Add Breakline(s)
- Inserts edges into the TIN from a defined breakline, splitting or swapping triangles as necessary.
- Select Boundary Triangles
- Selects triangles on the outer boundary which meet the "long and thin" criteria specified in TIN settings.
- Snap Vertices to TIN
- Given some selected vertices, moves them so that they are on the surface of a TIN selected from a dialog.
- Intersect TINs
- Displays the intersection line between two selected TIN surfaces (if they intersect).
- Horizons → HUF
- Opens the Horizons → HUF wizard to create MODFLOW HUF data from TINs and boreholes. TINs or boreholes with horizon data defined are required, along with a MODFLOW simulation which uses the HUF package.
- Z Values → Dataset
- Creates a dataset from the Z locations of the vertices.
- Map to Z Values
- Moves the Z locations of the vertices to the values in the dataset.
- Zoom To Extents
- Frames the Graphics Window around the selected objects.
GMS – Groundwater Modeling System
|Modules:||2D Grid • 2D Mesh • 2D Scatter Point • 3D Grid • 3D Mesh • 3D Scatter Point • Boreholes • GIS • Map • Solid • TINs • UGrids|
|Models:||FEFLOW • FEMWATER • MODAEM • MODFLOW • MODPATH • mod-PATH3DU • MT3DMS • MT3D-USGS • PEST • PHT3D • RT3D • SEAM3D • SEAWAT • SEEP2D • T-PROGS • ZONEBUDGET|