From XMS WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Building a MODFLOW Model|
|Map to MODFLOW|
|Packages Supported in GMS|
|Saving a MODFLOW Simulation|
|Importing MODFLOW Files|
|Unsupported MODFLOW Features|
|MODFLOW Display Options|
|MODFLOW Post-Processing Viewing Options|
|Reading a MODFLOW Simulation|
|Flow:||BCF6, HUF, LPF, UPW|
Running MODFLOW can be done a couple ways:
- In the Project Explorer, right-click on MODLOW simulation and select the Run MODFLOW command.
- Select the MODFLOW | Run MODFLOW command.
- Click the Run MODFLOW macro.
The MODFLOW run will launch the MDOFLOW model wrapper dialog.
MODFLOW Model Wrapper
The MODLOW model wrapper dialog will appear when running MODFLOW. This model wrapper dialog displays information about the MODFLOW run. Information displayed includes the following:
- The file path to MODFLOW executable being used in the model run. If the executable being used is incorrect, go to the Preferences dialog to change this path.
- The file path to where the solution files will be generated. This will correspond to the location where the project has been saved.
- The Error vs. Iteration graph. See below for more details.
- The command line display. This will display any errors or warnings that MODFLOW encounters during the model run.
The model wrapper also has the following options:
- Read solution on exit – Turning on this option will cause the solution data to automatically be imported into GMS.
- Turn on contours (if not on already) – If the project does not have contour display options turned on, this option will cause the contour display to be activated.
Error vs. Iteration
The Error vs. Iteration plot will show iterations of the MODFLOW run. The plot is hard wired to only show 25 iterations. The Error vs. Iteration is usually showing the maximum head change, but this can vary as follows:
- SAMG prints "end_res" – head residual
- PCG prints "BIGH" – max head change
- PCGN prints "MXHCH" – max head change
- SIP prints "BIG" – max head change
- SSOR prints "BIG" – max head change
- DE4 prints "BIG" – max head change
- GMG prints "BIGH" – max head change
- NWT prints "Fheadsave" – max head change
- SMS solver prints "ABIGCH" – max head change
|GMS – Groundwater Modeling System|
|Modules:||2D Grid • 2D Mesh • 2D Scatter Point • 3D Grid • 3D Mesh • 3D Scatter Point • Boreholes • GIS • Map • Solid • TINs • UGrids|
|Models:||FEFLOW • FEMWATER • MODAEM • MODFLOW • MODPATH • mod-PATH3DU • MT3DMS • MT3D-USGS • PEST • PHT3D • RT3D • SEAM3D • SEAWAT • SEEP2D • T-PROGS • ZONEBUDGET|
Retrieved from "https://www.xmswiki.com/index.php?title=GMS:Run_MODFLOW&oldid=153868"