WMS:Project Explorer Contents for Map Module
In the Map module the coverages and images are listed in the Project Explorer. At this point CAD data are not supported in the Project Explorer, but it is anticipated that in future versions the CAD data will also be controlled from the Project Explorer.
A toggle is next to each object; the toggle controls the visibility. The display is automatically updated when the toggle is checked or unchecked. The active coverage is set in the Project Explorer by selecting it. The active coverage is indicated in the Project Explorer display with a color map module icon, while the inactive coverages are gray.
The Project Explorer replaces the Coverage Options dialog in previous versions of WMS. See Coverages to learn about coverages in the Project Explorer.
Right-clicking on a coverage brings up a menu with options to Delete, Duplicate, Rename, set/view the Properties of the coverage, or perform a Coordinate Conversion. Properties include the name and coverage type.
- Clean: Brings up the Clean Options dialog.
- Build Polygon: This command builds a polygon with arcs that create a closed loop.
- Redistribute: With this command vertices along arcs can be redistributed at either a higher or lower density.
- Create TIN: Brings up the Create TIN Options dialog.
- Create Grid: Brings up the Create Grid dialog.
- Compute Basin Data: Brings up the Units dialog. This command computes areas, perimeters, and centroids for each of the sub-basins and assigns these values to the hydrologic modeling tree.
- Compute Gage Weights: Brings up the Compute Gage Weights dialog.
- Export Rain Gage Polygons to Shapefile: Exports Rain Gage Polygons to a shapefile so that it can be read by other programs.
- Snap Points to Nearest Arcs: Moves the node to the nearest arc and split the arc.
- Remove Orphaned Nodes:
- See coverage types: here
- Save As: Used to designate the path and prefix file name for saving a coverage.
- Properties:Brings up the Properties window for the coverage.
- Display Options:Brings up the Display Options dialog.
- Delete: Removes the coverage from the project.
- Duplicate: Creates a copy of the coverage.
- Rename: Lets the name of the coverage be changed in the Project Explorer.
- Zoom To Layer: Will resize the coverage data so it fills the Graphics Window.
WMS – Watershed Modeling System
|Modules:||Terrain Data • Drainage • Map • Hydrologic Modeling • River • GIS • 2D Grid • 2D Scatter|
|Models:||CE-QUAL-W2 • GSSHA • HEC-1 • HEC-HMS • HEC-RAS • HSPF • MODRAT • NSS • OC Hydrograph • OC Rational • Rational • River Tools • Storm Drain • SMPDBK • SWMM • TR-20 • TR-55|
|Toolbars:||Modules • Macros • Units • Digitize • Static Tools • Dynamic Tools • Drawing • Get Data Tools|